10 Things I Love About You, Mom
“Heaven lies beneath the foot of your mother.”
Moms are amazing aren’t they? I mean who else would do your washing, cook you delicious dinners, pick you up every time you fall, be a constant shoulder to cry on but still fuss and worry about you when you always watch TV and don’t study? I know my mom would.
It’s Mother’s Day today. And I decided to sit down and type a little letter to my Mom, to express my gratitude to her on this special day, something thoughtful – because I know somehow she will read this.
Happy Mother’s Day!
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for not respecting you the way you should be respected, making you feel like nobody really cares about you. But I do. I always do. And I mean it. I will never forget what you have done for me just to make me happy. THANK YOU for taking care of me since the day you gave birth to me. I really really really really love you, momsie. ❤
Never ever feel like nobody cares about you because I always do.
I know I can’t list everything here about what I love about you. But remember you told me yesterday about there was a movie called ’10 Things I Hate About You’ when we suddenly listened to one of its soundtrack on the radio? Even though I don’t know what was the movie about, but it actually gave me an idea to write this post. I want to list ’10 Things I Love About You’ instead, so here goes:
- You are the best cook ever. I don’t know and I don’t care if people don’t like your cooking, but to me, you are the best!
- You are so kind. So kind. You are sometimes garang, but deep down in your heart, you are a warm-hearted person. I know that.
- You are stylish. Regardless of being a plus size (which you always complain about it), that’s okay, to me you are a one stylish mom : )
- You are very chill. I don’t know how to describe this in detail, but one of it is I want you to know that I cherish every single moment when we enjoy listening to our favourite songs in the car, then we sing and dance together. Sometimes we can just lepak in the car and listen to songs, just because I requested to. And you are willing to layan me for that. How cool is that? Thanks so much momsie.
- You understand me very well. Of course all mothers will understand their children, but amazingly you know if I am not in the mood, or sad, or depressed, or down, or even happy; the moment I get into car after school. You will know like just in a snap of finger.
- You are one great listener. You are always my shoulder to cry on, mama. No matter what happens, I would be lost without having you by my side. Always and forever.
- You are smart. My good reference and advisor for everything I do. Be it about my studies or even about what I wear!
- You are perfectionist. Because I am not. And thank you for always correcting me when I always go wrong.
- You believe in me. You always have faith in me. You always encourage me. You are my number 1 supporter in everything I do.
- You are the BEST MOMSIE IN THE UNIVERSE ❤
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers in the world, and Al-Fatihah to those who have left us behind to meet the Creator.